Associate Director of Mission Advancement
The Sisters of Notre Dame of the California province have an immediate opening for the Associate Director of Mission Advancement. This position will work closely with the Director of Mission Advancement Services and other staff to achieve the department’s mission:
The Mission Advancement Team of the California Province of the Sisters of Notre Dame works to promote, support and celebrate the mission of the Sisters of Notre Dame, and the community’s spiritual, educational and social outreach.
Staff and volunteers use strategies to advance the local and international SND mission by
- Fostering relationships
- Engaging in community outreach
- Developing necessary resources.
Duties and Responsibilities.
The Associate Director of Mission Advancement will
- Advance the mission, vision, values and strategic goals of the Sisters of Notre Dame.
- Help to develop and implement the annual Mission Advancement Plan.
- Work closely with the Director of Mission Advancement Services and the Mission Advancement Department members to execute advancement and communication priorities.
- Lead and/or coordinate various areas of responsibility for social and donor appreciation events.
- Coordinate the annual major fundraising event for the Sisters of Notre Dame.
- Represent the Sisters of Notre Dame in the local community, both Catholic and secular.
- In identifying, recruiting, training and supervising volunteers associated with Mission Advancement initiatives
- In providing meaningful, relevant and timely donor stewardship.
- In drafting appeals, invitations, communications pieces (print and digital newsletter, social media, etc.) and foundation proposals, supporting best practices for donor engagement and stewardship.
- With other mission advancement projects as requested by the Director of Mission Advancement Services.
- Create, monitor and evaluate an individual plan which outlines his/her strategies for fostering relationships, engaging in community outreach and developing necessary resources.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in liberal arts, business, marketing, public relations, communications or a similar degree that fosters advancement and relational skills is required.
A minimum of three years of professional and/or volunteer non-profit advancement experience is preferred.
Excellent organizational, writing and speaking skills, preferably within an advancement context.
The highest professional standards, strong organizational and communication skills, creativity and a desire to work as a team member
Good working knowledge of fundraising principles and techniques
Ability to manage multiple tasks, to work autonomously and as a team member
Proficiency with Microsoft Office is required; knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite is desirable.
Experience with and/or willingness to learn fundraising database software.
Have the use of a vehicle with a valid driver’s license.
This position is part-time (29 hours per week) with flex-time as required and needed.
Occasional night and weekend work may be required with some travel.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to Mary Jo Quevedo, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com.